WHAT DOES COLUMBIA CREDIT UNION DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Financial companies choose how they share Your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires Us to tell You how We collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what We do.
The types of personal information We collect and share depend on the product or service You have with Us.
This information can include:
- Social Security number and overdraft history
- credit card or other debt and checking account information
- credit history and credit scores
When You are no longer Our member, We continue to share Your information as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, We list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reasons Columbia Credit Union chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
|Reasons We can share Your personal information||Does the Credit Union share?||Can You limit this sharing?|
|For Our everyday business purposes – such as to process Your transactions, maintain Your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus||Yes||No|
|For Our marketing purposes – to offer Our products and services to You||Yes||No|
|For joint marketing with other financial companies||Yes||No|
|For Our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about Your transactions and experiences||No||WE DON’T SHARE|
|For Our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about Your creditworthiness||No||WE DON’T SHARE|
|For Our affiliates to market to You||No||WE DON’T SHARE|
|For non-affiliates to market to You||No||WE DON’T SHARE|
Call (573) 256-2500
|What We do|
|How does Columbia Credit Union protect my personal information?||How does Columbia Credit Union protect my personal information?|
|How does Columbia Credit Union collect my personal information?||We collect Your personal information, for example, when You
|Why can’t I limit all sharing?|| Federal law gives You the right to limit only |
|Affiliates||Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies. |
|Non-Affiliates||Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies. |
|Joint Marketing||A formal agreement between non-affiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to You.
Effective Date: 6/12/2023
Scope and Overview
This policy outlines how Columbia Credit Union, its vendors, and/or the licensor of the Columbia Credit Union’s consumer verification software processes biometric data collected from you for identity verification and fraud prevention purposes.
Biometric Data Defined
As used in this policy, biometric data includes “biometric identifiers” and “biometric information”. “Biometric identifier” means a retina or iris scan, fingerprint, voiceprint, or scan of hand or face geometry. As the term is used in this policy, the selfie photograph you upload to the software for use in the biometric algorithm is considered a “biometric identifier.” “Biometric information” means any information, regardless of how it is captured, converted, stored, or shared, based on an individual’s biometric identifier used to identify an individual.
Disclosure and Authorization Policy
To the extent that Columbia Credit Union, its vendors, and/or the licensor of the Columbia Credit Union’s consumer verification software collect, capture, or otherwise obtain biometric data relating to a consumer, Columbia Credit Union must first:
- Inform each consumer that Columbia Credit Union, its vendors, and/or the licensor of the Columbia Credit Union’s consumer verification software are collecting, capturing, or otherwise obtaining the employee’s biometric data, and that the Columbia Credit Union is providing such biometric data to its vendors and the licensor of the Columbia Credit Union’s consumer verification software;
- Inform the consumer of the specific purpose and length of time for which the consumer’s biometric data is being collected, stored, and used; and
- Receive consent by the consumer authorizing Columbia Credit Union, its vendors, and/or Columbia Credit Union’s consumer verification software to collect, store, and use the consumer’s biometric data for the specific purposes disclosed by the Columbia Credit Union, and for Columbia Credit Union to provide such biometric data to its vendors and the licensor of the Columbia Credit Union’s consumer verification software.
- Columbia Credit Union, its vendors, and/or the licensor of the Columbia Credit Union’s consumer verification software will not sell, lease, trade, or otherwise profit from employees’ biometric data; provided, however, that the Columbia Credit Union’s vendors and the licensor of the Columbia Credit Union’s consumer verification software may be paid for products or services used by Columbia Credit Union that utilize such biometric data.
This policy is intended to comply with all federal, state, and local laws.
Purpose for the Collection of Biometric Data
Columbia Credit Union, its vendors, and/or the licensor of Columbia Credit Union’s consumer verification software collect, store, and use biometric data solely for identity verification and fraud prevention purposes.
Columbia Credit Union will not disclose or disseminate any biometric data to anyone other than its vendors and the licensor of the Columbia Credit Union’s consumer verification software providing products and services using biometric data without/unless:
- First obtaining consumer consent to such disclosure or dissemination;
- The disclosed data completes a financial transaction requested or authorized by the consumer;
- Disclosure is required by law or ordinance; or
- Disclosure is required pursuant to a valid warrant or subpoena issued by a court of competent jurisdiction.
Columbia Credit Union shall use a commercially reasonable standard of care to store, transmit and protect from disclosure any biometric data collected. Such storage, transmission, and protection from disclosure shall be performed in a manner that is the same as or more protective than the manner in which Columbia Credit Union stores, transmits and protects from disclosure other confidential and sensitive information, including personal information that can be used to uniquely identify an individual or an individual’s account or property, such as genetic markers, genetic testing information, account numbers, PINs, driver’s license numbers and social security numbers.
Columbia Credit Union shall retain consumer biometric data only until, and shall request that its vendors and the licensor of Columbia Credit Union’s consumer verification software permanently destroy such data when, the first of the following occurs:
- The initial purpose for collecting or obtaining such biometric data has been satisfied, such as verification of consumer identity;
- Request of consumer to destroy the biometric data; or
- Within 30 days of consumer’s provisioning of biometric data.
If you have any questions about our use, storage, or security of your biometric data you can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
BIOMETRIC INFORMATION CONSUMER CONSENT